Manager Early & Late Collections (40 uur)
For our office in Utrecht we are looking for a candidate for the position of
Manager Early & Late Collections (40 hrs)
Who are we?
We are part of the Santander Group. One of the largest banking groups in the world. With branches in more than 40 countries, the Santander Group enjoys the trust of more than 65 million customers. In the Netherlands, the Santander Consumer Finance division is housed in Utrecht. Within the Santander Group it concentrates on the provision of financial services to consumers, retailers and automotive companies and is renowned for its reliability and the unwavering focus of its range.
What do we expect?
We expect you to manage the internal and external massive collections operations for the Early and Late collection departments / teams and outsource partners (like external call centres) in the Benelux (The Netherlands and Belgium). Putting new and existing strategies into operations for Field Collections, Call Centres and other massive collection tools. Contributing by (massive) operations management the further optimization of Roll Rates, flows to doubtful, cures from doubtful, etc. and thereby reducing the VMG needed within the Benelux.
Who are you?
- Bachelor and / or Master educated;
- Minimum of 3 year experience in operations management;
- Relevant management courses;
- Experience in managing large groups of agents;
- Specific knowledge of call centres, outsourcing strategies and massive (phone, letters,
mails etc.) collections is required;
- Project management experience;
- Complies to mandatory legal certifications (i.e. WFT or knowledge test);
- Willingness to travel within the Benelux (The Netherlands and Belgium);
- Fluent in both Dutch (native) and English.
- Reports directly to the Head of Collections Business Unit Benelux;
- People management: Direct reports include Project Managers External Collections, Supervisor with Early and Late collections responsibilities, team leaders and coordinators, situated in The Netherlands and Belgium. Indirect reports include collection agents;
- External: Responsible for operations management of outsourced collection activities (call centres, field collections, car repossessions, etc.);
- Customers: Responsible for and contributing to improving services given to customers / collecting outstanding’s and complying with legal and Santander corporate and audit policies;
- Processes: Managing adherence of direct and indirect reports to organisational guidelines, initiating and facilitating process innovation and development;
- CBU model: Assuring that departments, teams and people under direct or indirect management are familiar with the corporate CBU model, contributing significantly to full implementation and compliancy in the Benelux;
- Finance: Contributing to the drafting of cost (OPEX), LLP and VMG budgets.
- Participation in meetings with HQ Collections Competence / Business Area (CBA) and other relevant management and governance committees;
- Contributes to the creation of collection strategies, is primarily responsible for executing and bringing into operations of new and existing strategies for teams and portfolios under management within the Benelux;
- Managing direct reports by coaching and developing skills. Responsible for departmental / team adherence to HR matrixes and complying with HR policies. Setting (after alignment with the CBU Head) for teams and directs goals, deliverables and evaluation targets. Facilitating good people management to all staff and contributing to the desired (department and company) culture. Ensuring that staff is trained in a proper way and developing their collection skills;
- Participating and managing tenders to select new suppliers. Participates in contract negotiations, organizes meetings and contacts with partners, suppliers and potentials. Monitoring relevant legal and regulatory policies;
- Safeguarding that this is done in a socially responsible way and preventing reputational risk;
- Identifying, improving and controlling process risks and bottlenecks. Insuring that staff are properly and timely informed of any changes accruing to processes and working instructions;
- Managing and controlling OPEX (personal and general expenses).
We can describe the team as a very enthusiastic group. Working results-oriented is very important. The team consists of 24 employees, 2 project managers and 2 supervisors.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair.
Official Sponsor if the UEFA Champions League
Santander has been Official Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League since this season. This fits us very well. Working together as one team is important to us. Does this appeal to you? Then read on what we expect from you when you become our new colleague.
What do we offer?
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 15 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
Our commitment to be an employer at the top has recently been rewarded with the official Top Employer 2018 certification in the Netherlands, Belgium and Europe!
In addition to a salary in line with market rates, we offer a fixed 13th month and holiday allowance. You get 29 days of leave per year, a performance bonus of max. 20%, participation in the collective pension scheme with 5% contribution, 10% contribution for the collective health insurance and various training opportunities.
Do you want more information about this function? Please contact Yvette van Veldhuizen by mail email@example.com or phone 030-6388832.
Wish to apply?
This is the chance to use your talent with a dynamic, international organization. Are you enthusiastic and the perfect candidate for this position? Send your CV and cover letter through our applications page.
Click here for the applications page.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated