Manager Financial Accounting (40 hrs)
For our office in Utrecht we are looking for a candidate for the position of
Manager Financial Accounting (40 hrs)
Who are we?
We are part of the Santander Group. One of the largest banking groups in the world. With branches in more than 40 countries, the Santander Group enjoys the trust of more than 65 million customers. In the Netherlands, the Santander Consumer Finance division is housed in Utrecht. Within the Santander Group it concentrates on the provision of financial services to consumers, retailers and automotive companies and is renowned for its reliability and the unwavering focus of its range.
What do we expect?
We expect you to manage the unit Financial Accounting within the set frameworks in a way that Santander's primary and secondary processes are supported timely, correctly and efficiently.
Who are you?
- Bachelor and / or Master educated, SPD or BE;
- Minimum of 3 year experience in Financial Accounting;
- Minimum of 3 year experience as a Financial Manager in a profit organisation;
- Relevant management courses;
- Experience in managing groups;
- Intermediate knowledge of Dutch GAAP, IFRS (plus), VAT and CIT (plus);
- Knowledge of financial services;
- Advanced skills in Excel, SQL is a plus;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English.
- Reports directly to the CFO and reporting to HQ Spain;
- Successfully leading a unit charged with handling financial / administrative matters within a given policy area;
- Formulate the data requirements and ensure that the information required for the completion of projects / activities is available;
- Supporting line management in various common projects / tasks;
- Communication method that supports Santander's goal;
- Giving content to the responsibility for the quality of the employees.
- Timely, complete, efficient and accurate provision of financial data;
- Drawing up correct and complete consolidated Benelux financial reports and accompanying progress reports;
- Correct application of financial, financially related, tax regulations and laws;
- The correct, timely and complete delivery of consolidated financial reports including expiry overviews and explanations, monthly preparation of correct and timely reconciliations and balance analysis of general ledger accounts, accurate and complete reporting of CIT, VAT and other financially related (statistical) returns / statements;
- Contribution in the preparation of the annual accounts;
- Contribution to audits as well as the preparation and / or execution of audit recommendations;
- Correct and complete execution of payment and collection orders;
- Monitoring of AO / IC of the accounting department and, if necessary, submitting improvements;
- Propose proposals to improve or optimize Financial Accounting;
- Participate in departmental and company projects.
We can describe the team as an enthusiastic group. Working results-oriented is very important. The team consists of 10 employees and the manager.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair.
Official Sponsor if the UEFA Champions League
Santander has been Official Sponsor of the UEFA Champions League since this season. This fits us very well. Working together as one team is important to us. Does this appeal to you? Then read on what we expect from you when you become our new colleague.
What do we offer?
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 15 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
Our commitment to be an employer at the top has recently been rewarded with the official Top Employer 2018 certification in the Netherlands, Belgium and Europe!
In addition to a salary in line with market rates, we offer a fixed 13th month and holiday allowance. You get 29 days of leave per year, a performance bonus of max 20%, participation in the collective pension scheme with 5% contribution, 10% contribution for the collective health insurance and various training opportunities.
Wish to apply?
This is the chance to use your talent with a dynamic, international organization. Are you enthusiastic and the perfect candidate for this position? Send your CV and cover letter through our applications page.
Click here for the applications page.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated