For our office in Utrecht we are looking for
Controlling Analyst (fulltime)
As a Controlling Analyst you will be responsible for the coordination of all the reporting (internal and to HQ) related to monthly closing, forecast, Budgets and strategic mid-term plans, ensuring accuracy, on-time delivery. In coordination with other team members, you will lead improvements and simplification of the reporting processes, increasing automation. You will be provide the other team members with data coming directly from the Data Warehouse, and provide the right data upon ad-hoc requests. The team can best be described as an enthusiastic group with a lot of diversity. Result-oriented work is important. Both as a team and on an individual level. You report directly to the Manager Controlling. The Controlling team consists of five colleagues and one Controlling Manager.
- An analyst with a minimum of 2-3 years' work experience in a similar role. In these years you have built up a skillset to handle big datasets and to translate this to business users
- A result-oriented and accurate professional with good organizational and planning skills who is capable of working independently as well as in (project) teams
- Analytical and accurate
- Independent, flexible
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Provide timely and accurate delivery of month end reporting (internal and corporate);
- Working close to the Local Controlling team, Accounting team and HQ, ensure solid month-end closing processes, guaranteeing early communication of events that may affect in a significant way the financial statements of the unit;
- On a monthly basis, perform accurate, timely and complete delivery of reports required by the Management and reports to HQ, ensuring quality and qualitative analysis;
- Continuous improvement of Internal and Corporate Reporting, driving additional automation in monthly reporting cycle;
- Coordinate between the IT/DWH-team and the needs of the Controlling team;
- Participate in HQ projects which are IT and Finance related;
- Participate in business cases elaboration and profitability calculation of operations and projects;
- Participate in Company projects related to information systems and perform follow-up of the development of projects within the Company;
- Coordination with HQ.
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 20 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated, and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
In addition to a salary in line with market rates, we offer a fixed 13th month and holiday allowance, 27 days of leave per year, a performance bonus of max 10%, participation in the collective pension scheme with 5% contribution, various training opportunities and;
- A personal induction process, so that you can dream Santander and our way of working
- A unique international working environment where you work with different nationalities both internally and externally
- A laptop and phone
- Travel allowance EUR 0.21 per km with a maximum of 30 km one way or reimbursement of the entire journey by using an NS Business Card;
- The possibility to partly work from home with a home work allowance (€3.13) for the days you work from home.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree;
- Good command of English (spoken and written) is essential, good command of Dutch (spoken and written) is preferred;
- The ability to identify bottlenecks and take the initiative to improve processes.
- Knowledge of credits and credit products, lease products and components is a clear advantage;
- Good command of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
- Programming knowledge (SQL, SAS, Python), and knowledge with other reporting tools (Power BI, Cognos, etc);
- Can do and hands-on attitude.
Santander Consumer Finance SA, Branch Netherlands, part of the Santander Group, one of the largest financial institutions in the world. We have been active in the consumer finance market since 1985. Our core activities are car financing (only in the Netherlands) and consumer credit (personal loans and credit cards). Our head office is in Utrecht and our branch office is in Merelbeke (near Ghent) in Belgium. Our Benelux team consists of approximately 350 colleagues.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair. Also visit santander.nl for further information about our activities.
What makes Santander different and unique?
We work with many different nationalities. Showing initiative is appreciated by us, just like humor. We stimulate creativity and spar with each other about new ideas. We have an open corporate culture with an informal working atmosphere and parties or other activities are regularly organized.
Join the team! This is the chance to use your talent in a dynamic, international organization. Respond by sending your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would also like to hear from you if you would like more information about the position.
*Screening is part of the application procedure. Based on the screening procedures that apply within Santander, we test whether new employees are sufficiently reliable to perform work at Santander.
* We have a strong risk culture and expect a proactive and responsible attitude towards risk management from all our professionals, regardless of their position.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated