Credit Risk Manager Benelux
Your role and the team
As a Credit Risk Manager you will be mainly responsible of the level of losses in the different products and the risk reporting to stakeholders. You will lead people divided in the subareas of Risk Controlling & Reporting and Portfolio management & Risk analytics.
Besides that, you will be:
- Project manager of risk-related initiatives. Ensuring that the projects, initiatives and technological processes related to portfolio management are defined, developed and implemented in accordance with the timetables set.
- Management of relationship with third parties, including vendors, internal and external auditors, supervisory entities and Board members, among other stakeholders.
- Together with your team you will be responsible of:
Risk Controlling & Reporting:
- Carrying out the provisions calculation and improving month-end processes integrating unit information in the Santander M.I.S.
- Model owner of the IFRS9 models.
- Generate forecasts and budget that facilitates an integrated view for risk management as well as monitoring actual performance against budget to explain the movement of the Risk metrics in the Risk Control committee.
- Regularly producing the consolidated reporting for regulators and Headquarters.
- Ensure the quality of the information sent to senior management.
Portfolio management & Risk Analytics:
- Defining new strategies, scorecards and policies for reaching the targets, mitigating the risk in the portfolios and increasing the automatic decision.
- Continuous analysis of the portfolios, simulations and extraction of information necessary to anticipate changes and make decisions based on profitability targets.
- Maintenance and implementation of necessary changes in the credit risk strategy ( scorecards, affordability, credit bureaus, rules) into the Risk decision engine with the correct parameterization and testing.
- Define alerts and limits to monitor the main Risk metrics of the portfolio every month and being able to explain any deviations based on the admission strategies, changes in the market or customer, maturity or one-off situations.
- Model owner of the admission scorecard models.
- +10 year experienced in retail credit risk, portfolio management or analytics. Managing products such as auto loan and leasing, credit cards, sales finance and consumer loans is an advantage.
- Experience leading projects and international experience.
- Masters or Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, or related field. Participation in management development or leadership programs is desirable.
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 20 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated, and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
In addition to a salary in line with market rates, we offer a fixed 13th month and holiday allowance, 27 days of leave per year, a performance bonus of max 20%, participation in the collective pension scheme with 5% contribution, various training opportunities and;
- A personal induction process, so that you can dream Santander and our way of working
- A unique international working environment where you work with different nationalities both internally and externally
- A laptop and phone
- Travel allowance € 0.23 per km with a maximum of 30 km one way or reimbursement of the entire journey by using an NS Business Card;
- The possibility to partly work from home with a home work allowance (€ 3.35) for the days you work from home.
Santander Consumer Finance SA, Branch Netherlands, part of the Santander Group, one of the largest financial institutions in the world. We have been active in the consumer finance market since 1985. Our core activities are car financing (only in the Netherlands) and consumer credit (personal loans and credit cards). Our head office is in Utrecht and our branch office is in Merelbeke (near Ghent) in Belgium. Our Benelux team consists of approximately 350 colleagues.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair. Also visit santander.nl for further information about our activities.
What makes Santander different and unique?
We work with many different nationalities. Showing initiative is appreciated by us, just like humor. We stimulate creativity and spar with each other about new ideas. We have an open corporate culture with an informal working atmosphere and parties or other activities are regularly organized.
Join the team! This is the opportunity to use your talent at a dynamic, international organization. Respond by sending your application via
Do you want more information?
Please contact the HR department at email@example.com
*Screening is part of the application procedure. Based on the screening procedures that apply within Santander, we test whether new employees are sufficiently reliable to perform work at Santander.
* We have a strong risk culture and expect a proactive and responsible attitude towards risk management from all our professionals, regardless of their position.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated