As a Payments employee you will be responsible for providing financial and administrative information and support in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Payments employee is reporting to the Manager Financial Accounting. You will be in charge of the payment traffic for the different local bank accounts he will perform the daily reconciliation of it and will allocate received amounts.
- Able to Perform the day-to-day processing of bank transactions to ensure that the Company’s related processes are maintained in an effective, timely, up to date and accurate manner.
- Processing both GL as contract entries in order to perform a daily reconciliation of all bank movements.
- Manage the daily payment process via the bank by setting up payments, payment batches and direct debit batches in our local bank accounts.
- For the incoming payment traffic you will reconcile bank statements and allocate received amounts to contracts of customers that are not processed automatically.
- Maintain partially the related general ledger accounts, prepare reconciliations, , bank controlling and postings.
- Provide administrative support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations: assist in month end closing, provide data in internal/external audits.
- Provide support in maintenance of the accounting manual, departmental procedures & work descriptions
- Perform other related duties as required
- MBO+ or HBO work and thinking level (finance related).
- Good bookkeeping skills.
- Basic knowledge of loans and loan products.
- Basic Excel skills.
- Intermediate level of English (spoken and written)
- Personal competences: accurate and well organized, able to work independently as well as in teams and under time pressure. Strong work ethics. Analytical and problem-solving attitude. Multi tasks skills.
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 20 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated, and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
In addition to a salary in line with market rates, we offer a fixed 13th month and holiday allowance, 27 days of leave per year, a performance bonus of max 10%, participation in the collective pension scheme with 5% contribution, various training opportunities and;
- A personal induction process, so that you can dream Santander and our way of working
- A unique international working environment where you work with different nationalities both internally and externally
- A laptop and phone
- Travel allowance € 0.23 per km with a maximum of 30 km one way or reimbursement of the entire journey by using an NS Business Card;
- The possibility to partly work from home with a home work allowance (€ 3.35) for the days you work from home.
Santander Consumer Finance SA, Branch Netherlands, part of the Santander Group, one of the largest financial institutions in the world. We have been active in the consumer finance market since 1985. Our core activities are car financing (only in the Netherlands) and consumer credit (personal loans and credit cards). Our head office is in Utrecht and our branch office is in Merelbeke (near Ghent) in Belgium. Our Benelux team consists of approximately 350 colleagues.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair. Also visit santander.nl for further information about our activities.
What makes Santander different and unique?
We work with many different nationalities. Showing initiative is appreciated by us, just like humor. We stimulate creativity and spar with each other about new ideas. We have an open corporate culture with an informal working atmosphere and parties or other activities are regularly organized.
Join the team! This is the chance to use your talent in a dynamic, international organization. Respond by sending your application via:
Do you want more information?
Please contact the HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Screening is part of the application procedure. Based on the screening procedures that apply within Santander, we test whether new employees are sufficiently reliable to perform work at Santander.
* We have a strong risk culture and expect a proactive and responsible attitude towards risk management from all our professionals, regardless of their position.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated