Senior Java Developer
Santander Consumer Finance is in transition. Your role in this transition is to take the responsibility for helping the company with executing multiple projects and migrations, which are initiated through different initiatives. Your responsibilities vary from conducting deep analyses autonomously to provide the best solutions possible within the given frameworks. Solutions, that you are able to size, document, build and test together with your team members as well as with external stakeholders.
In addition, incidents are being picked up accurately by you and you will have the responsibility to provide documentation and code clean up on the applications the company has running.
You are or have
You are a self-starter with Java skills, who is able to jump into multiple topics in different stages. Comfortable as you are in multidisciplined and multicultural teams, you know how to find your way. You’re able to express and communicate about your activities, status and approaches –fluently in English. Furthermore, you are:
- experienced in analysis (8+ years), design, development, documenting, testing and implementing software systems in Java, J2EE and internet technologies.
- You are able to build automation tools and have experience in building and working with CI/CD pipeline software such as Gitlab and Jenkins.
- Knowledge on application development using SDLC.
- J2EE –Hibernate, Springboot, Spring MVC Framework, Servlets, JSP, INDI, JMS, JDBC, AJAX, Webservices and Maven, Log4J, Junit.
- Java EE design patterns –MVC, Singleton, Session Façade, DAO, DTO and business delegate in the development of multi-Tier distributed enterprise applications.
- Experienced in building multiple webservices such as SOAP, Jax-WS, WSDL and REST.
- Experience in Java Multithreading, collections, servlets and JDBC.
- Well experienced in configuring and deploying applications on Tomcat server and JBOSSEAP. You can demonstrate your experience with migrating JBOSS.
- Broadly worked with Microsoft SQL.
- Knowledge of XML suite of technologies, XML, XSL, XSLT and validations with DTD and XML Schema and processing profile with SAX, DOM parsers.
- Capable to work with GUI design and applications development using IDE’s, such as Eclipse, Netbeans and IntelliJ.
- You are comfortable in a visible role, where your work and presence make a difference visible in the company.
- You’re looking to help documenting, cleaning up pieces of code, structuring, designing, developing and testing together with your teammates.
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 20 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated, and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
In addition we also offer:
- A personalized induction program so you can dream Santander and our way of working;
- A unique international working environment where you will work with different nationalities both internally and externally;
- A laptop and phone;
- In addition to a competitive salary, you can count on a 13th month, annual performance bonus of up to 10% of your annual salary, 27 days of leave and a collective pension plan with 5% own contribution;
- Travel allowance EUR 0.21 per km with a maximum of 30 km one way or reimbursement of the entire journey by using an NS Business Card;
- We encourage development and growth and offer various training opportunities;
- The possibility to work partly from home with a home office allowance (€3,13) for the days you work from home.
Santander Consumer Finance SA, Branch Netherlands, part of the Santander Group, one of the largest financial institutions in the world. We have been active in the consumer finance market since 1985. Our core activities are car financing (only in the Netherlands) and consumer credit (personal loans and credit cards). Our head office is in Utrecht and our branch office is in Merelbeke (near Ghent) in Belgium. Our Benelux team consists of approximately 350 colleagues.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair. Also visit santander.nl for further information about our activities.
What makes Santander different and unique?
We work with many different nationalities. Showing initiative is appreciated by us, just like humor. We stimulate creativity and spar with each other about new ideas. We have an open corporate culture with an informal working atmosphere and parties or other activities are regularly organized.
Join the team! This is the chance to use your talent in a dynamic, international organization. Respond by sending your application to email@example.com. We would also like to hear from you if you would like more information about the position.
*Screening is part of the application procedure. Based on the screening procedures that apply within Santander, we test whether new employees are sufficiently reliable to perform work at Santander.
* We have a strong risk culture and expect a proactive and responsible attitude towards risk management from all our professionals, regardless of their position.
Acquisition regarding this vacancy is not appreciated