For our office in Utrecht we are looking for a motivated candidate for the position of:
Credit Risk Analyst 40 hours
Do you believe Risk management is key for a healthy growth in the banking business? Do you like to work with numbers? If you enjoy working in an international environment in close cooperation with other departments, we are looking for a new colleague in our Retail Credit Risk team.
What will you be doing?
In this role, you will create a high impact in the organization by assisting in the development of new product launches, vendors or channels, with the Risk analysis you will perform.
You will be capable to propose improvements in the automation of risk decisions and you will propose also new strategies to achieve the goals while maintaining the loss level according to the set risk appetite. You will manage the Risk in the portfolios under the management limits defined for admission and performance of the loans and will propose new KPIs to follow.
Who are you?
If you like to work in a very international environment, if you are a team player, well organized and proactive person, this combined with your analytic mindset and good communication skills, than this is your place to be.
We are looking for a colleague who holds a Master or bachelor’s degree in business/ Finance, Mathematics, Econometrics or similar, with at least 3 years of experience in retail credit risk, portfolio management or analytics.
English is our working language and SAS, Excel or Phyton are our based tools to analyze the information. Dutch language is definitely an advantage.
What are your tasks and responsibilities?
With reference to risk reporting:
- Performing standard reports for the monthly closing.
- Developing reports for monitoring risk within the various portfolios. Being able to correctly convert raw data into reports.
- Supporting the team in ad-hoc presentations (Board Directors, Board Risk Committee, Internal Audit, HQ, external regulators, investors, etc.).
With reference to risk management:
- Monitor the performance of the portfolios. Monitoring the portfolios in a detailed manner, identifying deviations or opportunities and supporting the business strategy.
- Analysis of movements of provisions for credit losses in the portfolios.
- Monitoring the quality of the various scorecards. Monitoring the underlying quality of the applications coming from each channel.
- Active participation in the risk management committee. Presenting and explaining results from the analyses and reports.
Who are we?
We are part of the Santander Group. One of the largest banking groups in the world. With branches in more than 40 countries, the Santander Group enjoys the trust of more than 65 million customers. In the Netherlands, the Santander Consumer Finance division is housed in Utrecht. Within the Santander Group it concentrates on the provision of financial services to consumers, retailers and automotive companies and is renowned for its reliability and the unwavering focus of its range.
We want to help people and businesses grow through responsible consumer loans, the best customer service and the best support to our partners. We do this in a way that is Simple, Personal and Fair.
What do we offer?
With us you get the unique opportunity to collaborate internally with 15 different nationalities. We see our colleagues as our capital. This means that we are happy to help you grow and hope that you are ready to seize the opportunities and challenges as they arise. With us, initiative is appreciated, creativity is stimulated, and new ideas are always welcome. In our open corporate culture with an informal atmosphere, there is plenty of room to develop your career.
In addition to a salary which runs up to an annual salary of 55.000,00 (depending on experience and education), we offer a 13th month and holiday allowance. You get 27 days of leave per year, a performance bonus of max 10%, participation in the collective pension scheme with 5% contribution, 10% contribution for the collective health insurance and various training opportunities.
Our commitment to be an employer at the top has recently been rewarded with the official Top Employer 2021 certification in the Netherlands, Belgium and Europe!.
Do you want more information about this position? Please contact HR by mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wish to apply?
This is the chance to use your talent with a dynamic, international organization. Are you enthusiastic and the perfect candidate for this position? Please apply* by sending your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Applications at Santander continue as usual. All interviews will be conducted by telephone or video call until further notice.
For this vacancy an individual assessment can be part of the application procedure.
* Screening is part of the application procedure. We check whether new employees are sufficiently reliable to work for Santander based on the screening procedures that apply within Santander.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not desired.