Are you a pro-active challenge seeker within your Java skillset and able to pick up where we left off?
Then you might be the Senior Java developer we are looking for!
What is the purpose of the function?
In the role of Senior Java Developer you will be responsible for helping us finalize a set of projects and migrations that are initiated through different initiatives throughout the organization. You will also be responsible to provide the best solutions possible. Solutions that you are able to size, document and build together with the team. Who are you? You are someone who is a pro-active challenge seeker with Java skills, who has no problem to pick up the task where we left off. You can coordinate and work in a team that consists of multicultural striving individuals and therefore perfectly fit in.
You know how to share relevant information with the different team members you work with. You are a savvy striver when it comes to change and optimization and your technical solutions help us to reach our goals.
Can you recognize yourself in the following?
Then our enthusiastic IT team is eager to welcome you!
• 8+ years of IT experience in analysis, design, development, documentation, implementation and testing of software systems in Java, J2EE and internet technologies.
• Good experience in developing Web Services SOAP, JAX-WS, WSDL, REST APIs.
• Strong skills to build automation tools and experience in CI/CD pipeline software such as GitLab, Jenkins.
• Expertise on Docker.
• Knowledge on Application Development using Software Development Life Cycle SDLC.
• Expertise in working with various J2EE technologies including; Hibernate, Spring boot, Spring MVC, Framework, Servlets, JSP, JNDI, JMS, JDBC, AJAX, WEB SERVICES and Maven, Log4j, Junit.
• Strong experience in Spring Framework such as Spring MVC, IOC, AOP and Spring JDBC.
• Knowledge in implementing Java EE design patterns such as MVC, Singleton, Session Facade, DAO, DTO and Business Delegate in the development of Multi-Tier distributed Enterprise Applications.
• Experience in core Java-Multithreading, collections, Servlets and JDBC.
• Experience in configuring and deploying applications on Tomcat 5.5/6.0/7.0 server, JBOSS EAP.Sound RDBMS concepts and broadly worked MicrosoftSQL or MySQL.
• Knowledge of XML Suite of Technologies XML, XSL, XSLT and validations with DTD and XML Schema and processing profile with SAX, DOM Parsers.
• Experience with Use-Case design, Class and Sequence diagrams using UML.
• Good working experience in GLJI design and application development using IDE’s like Eclipse, netbeanks, IntelliJ. • PHP skills are a +
• Excellent team player with good analytical, strategic and interpersonal and communication skills, highly motivated, enthusiastic and self-starter.
• Excellent English skills both verbally and in written.
Why is working for Santander Consumer Benelux different than other organizations?
• We collaborate internally and externally with different nationalities;
• We value initiative, encourage creativity and are eager for new ideas;
• We have an open corporate culture with an informal working atmosphere.
What team will you be working in?
Our IT Development team exists of a multidimensional team of Project managers, Testers and Developers with different backgrounds and disciplines. Together we are responsible for conducting migrations and changes to remain in line with requirements varying from technical stability, Cybersecurity, Organizational strategy, Legal & Compliance and Risk.
So, if you are ready: what can you expect?
• You start with a personal induction process so you can dream Santander and our way of working;
• We offer various training opportunities to learn even more;
• We work hybrid! In consultation with your team and manager, you can work partly from home;
• You decide on how you would like to come to the office! We have several mobility arrangements; • We offer a competitive salary based on your work experience and knowledge level including a 13th month payment and holiday allowance, additionally to an annual performance bonus;
• We offer 27 days off per year.
Would you like more information? Then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Screening is part of the application process. We use the screening procedures that apply within Santander to assess whether new employees are sufficiently reliable to perform work at Santander.
* We adopt a strong risk culture and expect all our professionals, regardless of their position, to have a proactive and responsible attitude towards risk management.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not desired.